Wednesday 15 April 2009

It's all got a bit fishy!

Things are back to normal and life is good.

Kitchen finished, regular meals, clean sheets! What more could a cat ask for?

But ... and this is a very big "BUT", I came in from an afternoons foraging/sleeping to discover large plastic thing full of water on the new work surface. I assumed obviously, that this was some kind of modern art sculpture that she had got in to finish off the kitchen.

I told the Blob that this was dangerous, considering how much she had paid for her work surfaces, but she completely ignored me. It also had a motor running and bubbles and to be honest was not any kind of art that I would have chosen, but since when did i ever have a say in what the place looks like.

But a few days later and "HELLO - Whats this?!" little fishy things were swimming around in the sculpture, all pretty and fluttery and moving and shiny and soooooo pretty! Then it all came clear. The big pink blob had bought me a present. She had got me pretty, flappy, shiny fishes for me to play with.

However, we have a problem. I am not keen on the water, or the motor, or the bubbles and if I am to get close to the pretty, shiny, wiggly things I have to get close to all three.

I thought perhaps it was a test. I was to overcome my fears and face the water, the bubbles and the motor in order to get the prize, but sadly not so!

The minute I started to sit under the tank and yell, it was made patently clear that I apparently am not allowed the flappy, shiny, fishy things. They belong to the Blob. And she isn't going to play, torture and eat them - oh no - she has given them names and feeds them every day (sometimes before she feeds me)!

So normality lasted for a couple of days and now its all gone hopelessly wrong.

For anyone that is interested, she has called the pretty shiny white one "Celestine", the dapper, flappy orange one "Hugo", and the wiggly, swimmy, spotty one "Eczema".

Stupid names!

Stupid fish!

Stupid Blob!

Yours fishily


Bob.

1 comment:

  1. Bob! A sushi bar! How thoughtful of your Blob! My hens have their own sushi bar in Cluckinghen Palace where I go out and bash snails to death on a paving slab with a small rock. All you need to do is persuade the fish to jump out of the water and be ready with a rock of your own.

    You can do it... you know you can!

    ReplyDelete